Wednesday 8 October 2014

Spelt Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Video)

Woot, woot! I have finally launched my new baking series! After extensive screen tests, I have finally found a style and system of recipe design that I'm pleased with, and you get to enjoy the results. New videos will be uploaded every Wednesday.




So, why peanut chocolate chip? As I touch on briefly in the video, as a child I always got a few monkey nuts in my trick or treat bucket, and Halloween has always been a time of over indulging in sweeties of many kinds. Also, Halloween is celebrated extensively in the United States. All these factors combined inspired me to make some American style soft cookies, chipped with candy coated chocolate peanuts. They're sweet and soft and colourful, and every so often you bite into a peanut enrobed in delicious milk chocolate.

This is the first in my four-part series of Halloween inspired recipes, airing over the next four Wednesdays in October.


FULL INGREDIENTS LIST:
Makes 25 to 30 biscuits, depending on size

  • 7½ ounces (215 grammes) white spelt flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 4 ounces (115 grammes) butter, at room temperature
  • 2½ ounces (70 grammes) caster sugar
  • 3 ounces (85 grammes) brown sugar
  • 1 medium egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 7 ounces (200 grammes) candy coated chocolate peanuts, chopped or bashed slightly with a rolling pin


THIS TIME LAST YEAR: The Mystery of Perfect Homemade No-Machine Ice Cream: SOLVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while! Happy 9th Anniversary!

  It's been a while. The past two years have been a helluva a ride. This year is gonna hold some big changes for this blog. I'm comp...