Tuesday 22 July 2014

Variation on a Theme: Choco-Nut Granola with Cranberries

I was originally considering calling this Schoko-Nuss Granola, because for some bizarre reason when I think of things with chocolate and nuts I imagine something that would be sold in Lidl or Aldi with big yellow letters on the packaging shouting German at you. Word association, eh? Gotta love it.


Seeing as eating granola seems to be my modus operandi for breakfast, I though I'd make a few different versions of granola. Last week I made normal granola with some trail mix thrown in, but I thought I'd take a different kind of spin on it for this week.

The inspiration for this was a recipe in a cookery book that I read at a friend's house about how to be ever so dappily vintage and what-not and throw vintage tea parties; this new obsession among the middle classes with the vintage chic is getting quite wearing, I think.


But anyway, all I did was use my Basic Granola recipe and added 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon instead of the mixed spice, and added in 2 ounces (55 grammes) of toasted and chopped mixed nuts and 2 ounces (55 grammes) of dried cranberries. It was right nice, and it's quite difficult to keep the portions small...

This granola is great because is makes your milk go all chocolatey, for those with inner children who love Coco Pops. This not demonstrated in the picture below as I had literally just poured the milk in.


THIS TIME LAST YEAR: No Money = No Baking

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while! Happy 9th Anniversary!

  It's been a while. The past two years have been a helluva a ride. This year is gonna hold some big changes for this blog. I'm comp...