Sunday 1 December 2019

Slow Cooker Mulled Wine: Happy Advent! (Metric Measurements)

Happy Advent 2019!


As 2019 draws to a close, my sister and I put up my Christmas tree. Contrary to Sweetie Pie's image, the everyday me very much likes skulls and darkness... so I have a black Christmas tree with Star Wars baubles and skully tinsel.

As part of our celebrations, I made us some deliciously festive mulled wine that was made super simple with my slow cooker! The long slow heating infuses the wine with all the delicious wintry flavours, giving a rich deep flavour.

This recipe is a twist on the good old punch formula, which you can read more about here if you haven't already!


INGREDIMENTS

700 millilitres fruity red wine
200 millilitres sweet sherry
50 grammes brown sugar
1 orange
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cinnamon sticks
2 star anise
6 whole cloves

METHOD
  • Slice half of the orange into thin strips, then squeeze the other half into the pot of a slow cooker. Add in the slices, cutting any really big slices in half, and the spices, snapping the cinnamon sticks.
  • Add in the rest of the ingredients, stir well, and heat on low for about two hours, or until as hot as a nice cup of tea. Stir the wine once every so often to make sure the sugar dissolves.
  • Ladle into glass mugs, or normal mugs, making sure

4 comments:

  1. I tried to comment on your six year anniversary post. It was in my blog reader, but when I clicked on it, I came to this post. I just wanted to say congratulations, a job well done. I'm looking forward to many more posts and recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Roz! It means a lot to me that you've been reading and keeping up for so long ^_^

      Could you tell me something? I've been working on the settings for this blog and want to know if you get notified of new posts by email?

      Delete
  2. I've always enjoyed your posts. We are years apart in age, but I have so much to learn from you. I get notified of your posts in my blog reader. I use Feedly. I got notified about your post on your oven troubles, and I checked back to this post to see if you saw this comment. Your oven post showed up today, Dec 8, it says it was posted one hour ago. I hope this helps. It is now 10:25 central time. I live in Minnesota USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for letting me know, Roz! Thank you very much for supporting my blog as much as you do: it means a lot to me! <3

      Ah! So it's roughly a 6 hour time difference: when I received this comment, it was 16:25 in the afternoon!

      Delete

It's been a while! Happy 9th Anniversary!

  It's been a while. The past two years have been a helluva a ride. This year is gonna hold some big changes for this blog. I'm comp...