Tuesday, 11 July 2017

Recipe Revision: Fudge Brownies

As I promised a few weeks ago on my blog, here is my recipe for proper, fudgey brownies!


When I first started my blog four years ago, I wrote a brownie recipe. I have been using at same recipe for years, but nowadays I find my taste in brownies has moved from cakey to fudgey: I like them to be squishy, but not super heavy.

This is essentially the exact same recipe as my previous one, but the ingredients are in slightly different proportion to each other: notably the butter and flour are lessened in favour of adding in more chocolate. This recipe takes massive inspiration from my chocolate fudge tart recipe.

These brownies would go perfectly in a brownies sundae, like this one here.

INGREDIMENTS
Makes 12 brownies

  • 2 medium eggs
  • 4 ounces (115 grammes) butter
  • 6 ounces (170 grammes) chocolate, milk or dark 
  • 4 ounces (115 grammes) soft brown sugar
  • 2 ounces (55 grammes) caster sugar
  • 4 ounces (115 grammes) flour
  • Pinch of salt


METHOD

  • Preheat your oven to 170°C (325°F, Gas Mk.3), and grease a 9 inch (22 centimetre) square baking tin. Line the bottom with a square of non-stick baking paper, and then dust the sides with flour.
  • Melt the chocolate and butter together in either a bowl over a pan of hot water, or in the microwave in one-minute bursts on the 'Defrost' setting.
  • In a heatproof bowl over hot water, whisk the eggs and sugars together with an electric mixer until pale, thick, and doubled in size. Remove from the heat.
  • Slowly beat the chocolate mixture into the eggs until fully combined. Then, sieve in the flour and salt and fold through completely.
  • Pour into the tin and bake on the centre shelf for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer poked into the centre comes out with a few crumbs clinging to it.
  • Remove from the oven once baked, loosen the sides with a thin knife, then allow the brownie to cool completely in the tin before turning it out and cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No More Soggy Bottom Pies! Part 1: Blind Baked Bottom

It's apple harvesting season! Right up into October, people will be venturing outside to choose the nicest apples of their trees, ...