The first recipe I'm sharing with you is the caramel one I made. This ice-cream was a tad soft, but I know that next time I make it to reduce the amount of syrup; I have amended the recipe and shared it with you here.
☑ Soya (check for soya lecithin)
☒ Refined sugar products
- 8 fluid ounces (225 millilitres) whipping cream, 35%-40% fat content
- 3 fluid ounces (90 millilitres) condensed milk
- 4 teaspoons (20 millilitres) soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 millilitres) golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon (5 millilitres) vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the condensed milk. Add the sugar, golden syrup, vanilla essence and salt and mix well.
- Pour in the cream, while stirring, then stir until it is all combined.
- Using an electric hand mixer, whisk until it is light and a soft-peak consistency. You want to to look and feel like a mousse, basically.
- Pour into a 2 pint (560 millilitre, 2½ US cup) pudding mould with a lid (or you can use a loaf tin and cover with cling film) and smooth out the surface. Cover and freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
- Allow to temper for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve as a sundae with syrups, sprinkles and other nice things, on its own, or with cake.
- You could also use maple syrup and mix in some chopped pecans for a nice American style maple pecan ice cream.