Monday 1 October 2018

Whoops! Where Did September Go?!

Wow! September just disappeared!!

For those wondering where I've been, I started a new job on August 27th. I now work as a special needs assistant in a local secondary school. It's where I went to school myself for my final exams and it's a very well respected private school in my city.

I work with young people who have special educational needs, whether behavioural or intellectual, and I also run the after school film making club on Wednesday nights!

Also, my darling fiancé started his university course on September 3rd, studying Liberal Arts in sociology, philosophy, politics, and media.

Coordinating our schedules for the past 5 weeks has been extremely challenging, and settling into a sustainable routine took quite a while. We had to give up a few commitments so that we could even see each other during the week, let alone time for eating and bathing!

But now things have calmed down and we're both in somewhat of a routine, I'm back in the kitchen more frequently.

Throughout September I was baking, of course, but I wasn't baking anything new. I was just baking batches of scones, simple cakes, and chocolate chip cookies for entertaining and bringing to work. However, this month I'm in the search for new and interesting projects!

I'm always struck with a bolt of inspiration in October. Autumn colours, smells, and flavours (and of course Halloween) are my biggest culinary muses, and that's no different this year! I certainly will do my usual spurt of Halloween ideas, but this year I'm trying some new projects: some for an older, more sophisticated palate, and others as a new challenge for my yearly rash of trick or treaters...

I'm looking forward to sharing my kitchen experiments with you this October!

Sweetie xxx

2 comments:

  1. It's was nice to hear all is well. Life can get in the way of the things we are passionate about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! Life has been hectic! This has been a very hectic year on the whole, to be honest. I haven't blogged anywhere near as much as I'd have liked to. But now that I'm on somewhat on an even keel I can get back to it ;)

      Delete

It's been a while! Happy 9th Anniversary!

  It's been a while. The past two years have been a helluva a ride. This year is gonna hold some big changes for this blog. I'm comp...