Friday 21 November 2014

This Christmas Will Be a Handmade Christmas!

This weekend the Christmas lights will be officially lit in Limerick city, and as people run around town like blue-arsed flies getting their Christmas shopping done, I have a plan: this year I will hand make the presents and make them edible.

I got a wonderful chocolate mould from my local Dealz (PoundLand) that has tea cups and teapots and all wonderfully cute shapes, and I will use these to make filled chocolate boxes; and to shake it up a bit, some will get chocolates, others will get mini gingerbread houses. I can't decide whether the gingerbread houses should be filled with sweets, but they will definitely be miniature. I might also do some jars of hot chocolate mix with an iced lebkuchen, together in a little bag, and maybe also bags of peppermint creams or other fondant chocolates.

I cannot wait to get started on this project! It's going to be class!

I've been jotting down ideas in my sketchbook for the last few days, trying to design the chocolate fillings, draft blueprints for the houses, and come up with nice lebkuchen shapes. I'm actually really looking forward to it! Each of the five members of my family will of course get something different each, which adds another level of interest.

Stay tuned for my next post on the matter, which will include my sketches....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while! Happy 9th Anniversary!

  It's been a while. The past two years have been a helluva a ride. This year is gonna hold some big changes for this blog. I'm comp...