Thursday 3 October 2013

My Research into Machine Free Ice Cream Continues...

So, instead of allowing my  funk to get between me and my first love, I've been researching culinary delights to make when I'm feeling better.

A few posts ago I mentioned that I was searching in vain for the perfect no-machine homemade ice-cream. While the hurling was on I thought I'd try a few methods and recipes that I'd found, but none of them worked. I tried the whole rock-salt and ice insulation method but that didn't work, I tried the freeze and beat every two hours method but that didn't work either. I think the most recent lurid creation is still languishing in the freezer...

I thought I would turn to my favourite research tool to further my discoveries, and rediscovered a recipe that I'd found a long time ago. Back when I was in college I found this recipe for ice cream that used whipping cream and condensed milk, and needed no mixing during churning. However, using the method in this video, it came out separated and icy.

Needless to say, I never thought to try it again.


It took a few years for me to get around to trying homemade ice cream again. I once again tried several different methods and recipes, none of which worked. However, in the few years I wasn't trying, there were a few people who ad uploaded more successful attempts at the condensed milk and cream technique.

 







These two used the same ingredients as the first video, but in slightly different quantities and with a slightly different method. Having made this discovery (especially the first video: that stuff looks sinful!), I think I might give it another try...

I'm one for giving second chances!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while! Happy 9th Anniversary!

  It's been a while. The past two years have been a helluva a ride. This year is gonna hold some big changes for this blog. I'm comp...