Wednesday 25 July 2018

Wedding Talk: Making My Own Cake!

My wedding is happening in less than a year! Wow. When I was a little girl, I had imagined being married but it was always "away in the future"; that future is now, and it's surreal!

I never imagined my wedding in great detail when I was younger: I never imagined a dress or a cake or a ceremony or anything, I just imagined having a husband. To be completely honest, I'm not really a weddings person: I don't really like going to other people's weddings, and I find them mostly perfunctory for social expectation. Every single wedding is the same white-dress-and-dinner thing, and sometimes the weddings are just put on to keep the family happy, and don't seem genuine to the couple.

I don't want that kind of wedding; to be honest, I just want a husband: having a small church ceremony with about 30 guests who are in Halloween costumes and then go home afterwards for a family dinner. However, I'm not the only one getting married of course! My fiancé's dream wedding has to be taken into consideration!

So, we'll be having a hotel reception but with our own twist: we're going for a red and black palette with a kinda spooky vampire theme. I want to look like a pretty vampire bride. Fancy dress will be very much encouraged.

But the main thing of interest for this blog is of course the cake, which I will be making myself! Yes, I have decided to put my baking skills to the final test and make a cake for about 100 to 120 guests, and I'm extremely excited about it.

At the time being my plan is to make a cupcake wedding cake with a small cake at the top for cutting with my brand new husband. The colour themes is black and red, with white, and so the cakes will be a selection of flavours decorated with red and white icing. I thought decorating them with little superhero royal icing run-outs would be a nice touch for my fiancé's interest in geeky stuff.

I'll be keeping a record of all my experiments and sketches on this blog as I develop my concept and practise making lots of fairy cakes!

I'm super excited to do this, and I hope you'll all be excited to follow my progress!

4 comments:

  1. I'm truly excited about you and your journey. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm excited too! I certainly will do ^_^

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of small weddings, they're more genuine. I want a black and purple lace dress, I'm not a big wedding person either but it's good to be yourself in every situation, especially for your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black and purple is also a lovely colour combination. My fiancé wants to wear black with blue, and I'll be wearing black with red, so some purple thrown in could be good too as a combination of the colours ;-) I'll just have to wait and see how long the wedding guest list is once my mother is done with it! XD

      Delete

It's been a while! Happy 9th Anniversary!

  It's been a while. The past two years have been a helluva a ride. This year is gonna hold some big changes for this blog. I'm comp...