Tuesday 10 January 2017

Happeeee New Year!!

Happy new year to all my readers here at Sweetie Pie Bakes stuff! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. Looking forward to starting a brand new year with you all, with less depression and life altering changes.

As per usual, I will uploading all of my Christmas creations retrospectively. This year, I will try my best to have all my Christmas stuff uploaded before Christmas instead of after!

2016 was incredibly challenging: I suffered a relationship breakdown at the end of 2015; I was having trouble at home and difficulties at work; I had a relapse of depression; I moved city; I started a new relationship, started college, and the place I lived in didn't have adequate cooking facilities; I spent a large amount of my time travelling to see my family and my companion, who each lived an hour and a half away from me in opposite directions; and I then got iron-deficiency anaemia by the end of the year.

As such, my blogging halved: I went from about 65 a year, to only 33 in 2016. This year, I sat down and came up with ideas to try each month, so that every month from February I have at least 4 or 6 ideas to try. Of course as the months go on I'll come up with new ideas on top of the planned ones, which will bring up my monthly average back to normal. Just goes to show what a little planning and forethought can achieve!

This year as well, I will be moving my focus a little bit towards a more holistic approach, sharing both sweets and meals. It's good to enjoy sweets, but they are an important part of a balanced diet, and sometimes people like to learn how to cook dinners as well as desserts.

I'm really looking forward to this coming year. 2016 went from one of the worst years of my life, to one of the best, and I hope that 2017 will continue getting better!

Lots of love, Sweetie Pie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while! Happy 9th Anniversary!

  It's been a while. The past two years have been a helluva a ride. This year is gonna hold some big changes for this blog. I'm comp...